At first, many young people think that tattoos are cool, that they can express their individuality, and that they can record a beautiful love. But as they get older and more experienced, 75% of them regret getting a tattoo, thinking that it is a childish act. The pain of a broken relationship motivates them to remove tattoos.
As we know, laser tattoo removal is the safest and most effective method to get rid of unwanted tattoos at present. This article helps you know more about tattoos and laser tattoo removal.
How does laser tattoo removal work?
Laser tattoo removal is the ideal treatment option for removing unwanted tattoos.
Laser is one of the most common forms of tattoo removal. The laser, which carries a large amount of energy, precisely targets and reaches pigmented cells. And then the energy causes the ink particles in the tattoo to break down into smaller particles. After phagocytosis and digestion of the cell fragments by dermal macrophages, they are eventually excreted from the body.
The treatment process is relatively quick and causes less damage to the surrounding tissue. Compared with the traditional treatment method, laser tattoo removal is safe and effective.
What are the types of laser Tattoo Removal Machines?
There are 2 types of lasers that are commonly used to help with tattoo removal in the market – the nanosecond laser (Q-switched laser) and the picosecond laser.
The Q-switched laser is also known as the Nd. Yag laser. Q-switched Nd.YAG laser uses nanosecond pulses of laser beam energy to break up excess pigmentation. Then, the crushed melanin is slowly removed by the body’s immune system.
Its wavelengths are usually 532nm, 1064nm, 1320nm, which can be absorbed by coloured pigments such as freckles and age spots on the skin.
The low energy laser selectively weakens melanocytes and partially destroys some melanin. At the same time, the heat from the laser also stimulates the production of collagen within the dermis, resulting in an eventual tightening of the skin.
The picosecond laser uses fast and powerful energy (nanosecond pulses of laser) to shatter melanin directly into the skin, which is excreted through the skin’s lymphatic system to improve pigmented skin.
The picosecond laser shatters and breaks down melanin particles with a dusting effect that surpasses all current laser instruments. It allows for more concentrated energy and the pigment is instantly crushed. As a result, it is more easily absorbed and metabolised and less likely to be left behind.
What is the best Laser Tattoo Removal Machine?
The picosecond laser is approximately 10 times faster than a nanosecond laser!
- Pico laser with the ultra-short pulse duration and high power will break pigmentation into powder in a moment but Nano Laser into the small granules.
- The Pico Laser removes pigment fragments faster, more effective, fewer treatment sessions.
- The Pico Laser removing pigment fragments is much safer, with less risk of side effects.
Of course, the picosecond laser tattoo removal machine will be more expensive. If you are on a budget, you can choose the Nd.YAG laser.
Is painful tattoo removal treatment?
- In general, the sensation of pain varies greatly from person to person.
- Some people may describe it as a tingling or stabbing pain, others may describe it as a burning or stabbing pain. Some people perceive pain as a tingling, sharp sensation, while others may experience a deep aching, cramping sensation.
- For most people, pain is tolerable. If you are afraid of pain, you can opt for anaesthetic treatment.
Will tattoo removal leave a scar?
Laser tattoo removal is the most effective and safe method to eliminate tattoos without scarring. And it also promotes collagen regeneration and improves the appearance of sagging skin, etc.
Does laser tattoo removal hurt?
Laser tattoo removal will hurt if done correctly. So, try to go to a proper aesthetic hospital for treatment. They are experienced and can treat more precisely to avoid damage to the skin caused by improper operation
What to expect during a tattoo removal session?
- It may a little pain during treatment. If you cannot tolerate it, you can opt for anaesthesia.
- After the treatment, the skin may be red and even swollen, which is normal and will subside in two to three hours. At this time, ice is a good option.
- The targeted areas will feel tender and sensitive to touch. So be careful with sun protection and don’t use harsh skin care products
How many sessions does it take for effective tattoo removal?
- The treatment session varies greatly from person to person. However, 6-12 sessions are necessary for most patients to completely remove a tattoo by ordinary laser machines.
- If you use a picosecond laser, the treatment will be much shorter about 1-5 sessions. And there is no downtime.
How effective is laser tattoo removal?
Tattoo Removal Laser is one of the safest and most effective ways to remove tattoos. Visible results can be seen after just one treatment. Multiple treatments will remove it completely.
Because tattoos are usually made up of multiple layers of pigment, the laser must break up each layer of ink until the tattoo has completely faded. Don’t worry, there may be some variation in time depending on the body type and the condition of the tattoo. But it can be completely cleared up.
Are the results of tattoo removal permanent?
By using lasers to break down the ink particles into smaller particles.
And then, through their own metabolism, they are completely eliminated from the body.
So, it is permanent and can completely remove the tattoo from the skin.
Do tattoo removal creams really work?
Some of the tattoo washing creams on the market may lighten or lighten the tattoo. However, it is difficult to remove the tattoo completely.
Because the tattoo is located under the epidermis, it is difficult for the cream to really work. If used incorrectly, it may irritate the skin or cause adverse symptoms such as allergies. Therefore, please use hair removal creams with caution.
What are the side effects of tattoo removal?
Depending on the individual’s body type, it may result in the following adverse reactions:
So, it is important to follow medical advice and conduct skin tests before treatment.
Does tattoo removal laser stop hair growth?
- No indication that tattoo removal affects hair growth.
- On the one hand, the hair and pigmentation are in different layers of the skin.
- On the other hand, laser tattoo removal happens very quickly that it is hard to damage hair follicles.
Is laser hair removal like laser tattoo removal?
Well, Laser Hair Removal and Laser Tattoo Removal both are different. If you talk about laser hair removal the laser used in this process is called diode lasers while the leisure use In tattoo removal is called used Nd YAG or Q-switChed laser.
However, both require multiple treatments to achieve permanent removal.
How long do I have to wait before removing?
The time taken to remove a tattoo varies depending on the individual’s body type and the size of the tattoo. Under normal circumstances, six weeks is basically enough to remove it. If the tattoo is deeper and involves more colour, it will take a little longer.
What is the price of tattoo removal procedures in Singapore?
- According to statistics, each treatment costs approximately $200-$500. And treatment time is usually around 20 minutes. 6-12 sessions are necessary.
- Of course, Pico laser treatment will be more expensive. And the treatment period will be shorter.
- Also depending on the individual’s body type and the size of the tattoo. You can consult your local hospital for the exact cost.
What are some aftercare tips for treatment?
- After the tattoo removal treatment, there will be a burning sensation in the treatment area and there is no need to worry too much about it. This will be followed by conjunctiva, which requires no special treatment. It will usually fall off on its own after 3-7 days, so be careful not to remove it forcibly.
- The area just after treatment can be very sensitive to the sun. Therefore, it is important to protect yourself from the sun for up to 3 months after treatment to avoid pigmentation.
- Do not use harsh skincare products just after your picosecond laser treatment.
If you want to know more about laser tattoo removal, please see the following articles：