Working Theory for Picosure nd.YAG Laser
Is Picosure Laser Better Than nd.YAG Laser?
- Pico Laser with the ultra-short pulse duration and high power will break pigmentation into powder in a moment but Nano Laser into the small granules.
- PicoLaser removes pigment fragments faster, more effective, fewer treatment sessions.
- Pico Laser removing pigment fragments is much safer, with less risk of side effects.
- 1064nm for black tattoos, sun spots, coffee spots, chloasma, skin rejuvenation;
- 532nm for tattoo red, brown, yellow, Ota, freckles, port wine stains.
- 660nm (green tattoos removal);
585nm (blue and purple tattoos removal);
- Fractional probe (treatment of large pores, acne marks)
Advantages and Disadvantages of Picosure nd.YAG Laser
1. Advantages of nd.YAG laser:
- The wavelength of 694nm is almost the most efficient for melanin absorption and the more destruction of melanocytes.
- The heat not only destroys melanocytes and melanin granules but also other normal cells.
- The postoperative period may be longer, depending on the individual.
3. Advantages of Picosure laser:
- Light post-operative reactions, fast recovery, relatively Q-regulation without damage and destruction to normal cells.
- The whitening effect is visible and extremely efficient in destroying melanin particles and, crucially, deeper melanin particles.
- It is not instantaneous, but the skin becomes better and better with time cycles. The theoretical recommendation is 1 month, in practice, it has been found that 1 time at 3 months interval gives the best results.
- Because of the focus on breaking down melanin particles, 90% of the energy is used almost exclusively to break down melanin particles. The melanocytes are still present, so the discolouration will still slowly surface after a few years.
However, regardless of any laser, the amount of energy to be hit is something that needs to be considered by the doctor in many ways. He needs to determine whether your spots are epidermal or dermal, what your skin barrier is, whether just laser shots are good or with internal medication, etc. These are key to the effectiveness of the treatment.